Thursday, June 19, 2014

Life is happening now..


              STOP waiting and START doing! I am having one of those emotional life altering - waking up days; not sure if that was even a sentence, but if you get what I am saying or you want to get it then please keep reading.  I have a very blessed life, I have an amazing husband and two great daughters.  I have a family that I love dearly.  I have faith and Jesus on my side, even when I may not deserve it.   

            Honestly, I live a very content life, but is it a fulfilling life?  Am I living it to the fullest?  I have put things off for years, eight years to a decade if we're counting.  I have spent days wasting my time on things that don't matter instead of reaching for my dreams and completely giving my undivided attention to my loved ones.  We have put off date nights, vacations, and lots of other things that are days we can't get back.  As I look at my children, who are now seven and four I realize a lot of days have passed by without us doing a single thing significant.  I have spent seven years saying I was going to get into the best shape of my life, that I would do things I have always dreamed of doing, but I haven't.  I always say "tomorrow" then tomorrow comes and more time is wasted.  We aren't guaranteed tomorrow, we only right NOW! Just the thought of losing someone you love will kick you into gear or being called home before your fulfilled the roll God has laid out for you.  If your child or spouse ask you to stop cleaning/working/etc and do something with them, do it!  More importantly, if the Lord calls you to do something, stop what you are doing and DO IT!

           Find quiet moments to listen to God, we have a purpose in this life and to fulfill it we must listen.  We must allow him to guide us, don't waste these days he has given us.  Embrace them and set out on the path you are meant to be on.  


              I am not saying that you or I can't have a lazy day, a day where we just relax and escape from all the responsibilities.  I am not telling you that you have to do something huge everyday.  I am just saying that you shouldn't put it off, listen to his plan, make your plan and live everyday to the fullest.  I honestly feel like the easiest way to look at how time passes is through our children (or ourselves if you don't have children) think back a week, a month, six months, or even a year and look at how much has happened in that time, how much your children have grown.  How much more could you have done? Think of something you have wanted, something you have put off; if you started a year ago where would you be now?   Don't wait for a destination, get started and enjoy the journey that is life.  Don't look at how far you have to go, we aren't in a race to get to a certain point, we are on a journey that is a gift to us and we must use it wisely.  



                Today I will start/do something I have put off.  I will spend time strengthening my relationship with Jesus, I will figure out a plan and I will pursue my dreams, I will cherish everyday with my loved ones. I will thank the Lord for this gift of life given to me, this time I will never get back.  I pray that you do too....



No comments:

Post a Comment